Friday, April 15, 2005

Rosie O'Donnell Hates Me

So like seemingly hundreds of other adoring fans out there who have discovered Ms. O'Donnell has a blog site, I have been checking her site daily and adding my two cents here and there when the mood strikes me. I've been pretty casual about it - no blog-stalking messages, no derogatory terms used ( and believe me, I saw plenty of both left on her comment section) - I was on my best behavior. So it came rather as a shock to see a nice banner printed in bold letters across the top of my computer screen: "Banned by webmaster. Your comments will not be posted."

At first, I was in denial: Oh that banner isn't meant for me - it's meant for the crazy guy three posts down who is convinced Ms. O'Donnell is the reincarnation of Mama Cass who visits him in his dreams at night and wants to read his manifesto. However, try as I might to post, I was met by rejection every time. My posts would just - poof! - disappear into cyber-space, leaving me to stare at the banner still printed on my computer screen - taunting me. I felt like a kid being left out of a really cool club because I didn't know the secret password.

Next came the paranoia: Why does Rosie O'Donnell hate me? Maybe she clicked onto my homepage link, read my personal profile, saw that I liked John Denver's music which she secretly despises, and now has a personal vendetta against me and the Denver Broncos. Or maybe she took my joke about the gay Quakers the wrong way because after all, it is a well-known fact that she is indeed..... a Quaker.

Of course, all of this is assuming, with my Queen-size ego, that Rosie O'Donnell actually cared or even read what I had to say. This could all be the result of a simple computer glich, but it has left me a little wounded to know that somewhere out there in cyber-space, Rosie O'Donnell, media icon, hates me. Oh why Rosie? Why do you forsake me? This is really messing with my head - I might need therapy after this experience.

6 comments:

Playground In My Mind said...

It is a glitch. Some of the bugs have been worked out. A lot of people were banned while they were setting it up. Not to worry;) Renee

Playground In My Mind said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lightfeather said...

You are right! You are funnier than Dat Phan! Love the laughs, love your blog!

GingerSnaps said...

i feel your paranoia. happens to mee alot. do you constantly say " are you mad at me" i do it drives my friends crazy..they say"its not all about you toni" well you know, maybe it is. im glad you didnt get banned. you really made me laugh.

Heidi said...

"Next came the paranoia: Why does Rosie O'Donnell hate me?
This is really messing with my head - I might need therapy after this experience."

That is exactly how i felt last friday when it happened to me as well..My poor friends ..I was driving them crazy...emails/im's back and fourth..." what did I say wrong.." is she annoyed with comments. I was glad she posted there was a glitch. I think it's AOL related...It comes and goes..So I just use Internet Explorer and no Banning problems.

TheMommason said...

LMFHO... I wish this was one of the blogs that Ro reads now and again I think she would have doubled over laughing.
Too funny!